If you have been injured at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Our Jupiter workers' compensation lawyers are here to guide you through the process and do everything possible under Florida’s workers’ compensation laws to secure the full range of benefits to which you are entitled.
The Florida Workers’ Compensation Act was designed to be a “no-fault” system that replaces lost wages and medical benefits to employees who have been hurt on the job.
Unfortunately, this “no-fault” process rarely works the way it was designed, and as a result, legitimate workers’ compensation claims are often delayed, denied, or undervalued. If an injury has forced you to miss work, we understand that paying your bills and providing for your loved ones can be extremely stressful.
Understanding the Workers' Compensation Claims Process
Filing a workers' compensation claim can be a complex and overwhelming process. At Goebel Law, PLLC, we strive to make it easier for you to navigate through the legalities and ensure that you receive the benefits you are entitled to. Our experienced Jupiter workers' compensation lawyers will guide you through each step of the claims process, providing you with the necessary support and representation.
Here is a breakdown of the workers' compensation claims process:
- Report your injury: It is crucial to report your work-related injury or illness to your employer as soon as possible. Failure to report it within the specified time frame may result in a denial of your claim.
- Seek medical treatment: After reporting your injury, you should seek immediate medical attention. Our attorneys can help you find the right healthcare providers who specialize in workers' compensation cases.
- File a claim: We will assist you in completing and submitting the necessary paperwork to initiate your workers' compensation claim. This includes gathering evidence, medical records, and any other supporting documentation.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Our skilled attorneys will handle all communication and negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. We will fight for your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
- Appeal if necessary: In the event that your claim is denied or you are not satisfied with the offered settlement, we will guide you through the appeals process and represent you in court if needed.
By choosing Goebel Law, PLLC for your workers' compensation case, you can trust that our dedicated team will provide personalized attention and aggressive representation. We are committed to maximizing your workers' compensation benefits and helping you get the financial support you deserve during this challenging time.
After an injury at work, it is vital that you act quickly to file a workers’ compensation claim. You must first report the accident to your employer, who must then notify their insurance carrier of the accident.
Though reporting the accident may not be at the forefront of your mind while you deal with the physical and emotional trauma of your injury, it is nonetheless imperative to addressing your situation.
If you have not yet filed a claim and are unsure of what to do, we can provide you with assistance. There are time-sensitive issues that may impact your receipt of benefits down the road.
Hiring an experienced attorney to represent you is an excellent way of protecting your rights.
What Do Workers' Compensation Lawyers Do?
Having an experienced workers' compensation lawyer is crucial to ensure that injured workers receive their entitled benefits in full, including medical bills and lost wages. A workers' compensation attorney can provide assistance with various aspects of the workers' compensation process, including:
- Filing a claim for benefits: A skilled lawyer will help injured workers navigate the complex process of filing a workers' compensation claim, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time.
- Appealing denied claims: If a claim is wrongfully denied, a workers' compensation attorney will guide clients through the appeals process, gathering additional evidence and presenting a strong case to challenge the denial.
- Representing clients in hearings or mediation sessions: In the event of a dispute or disagreement, an attorney can represent injured workers during hearings or mediation sessions, advocating for their rights and best interests.
- Negotiating settlements with insurance companies: Workers' compensation attorneys have expertise in negotiating fair settlements with insurance companies, ensuring that injured workers receive appropriate compensation for their injuries and losses.
- Determining eligibility for additional disability benefits: In some cases, injured workers may be eligible for additional disability benefits beyond what is provided through workers' compensation. A knowledgeable attorney can assess the situation and help clients pursue any available avenues for further compensation.
Other Advantages of Hiring a Workers' Compensation Attorney:
Having an experienced workers' compensation lawyer offers numerous advantages for injured workers:
- Expertise and Knowledge: Lawyers specializing in workers' compensation possess in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations governing workplace injuries. They understand the intricacies of the system and can provide expert guidance tailored to each client's unique circumstances.
- Stress Relief: Dealing with a workplace injury can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. By entrusting the legal matters to a skilled attorney, injured workers can alleviate the stress and focus on their recovery, knowing that their case is in capable hands.
- Maximizing Benefits: A workers' compensation attorney will diligently assess the full extent of a client's injuries and losses, ensuring that no benefits are overlooked or undervalued. They will fight to secure the maximum compensation possible for their client's specific situation.
- Advocacy and Support: Having an attorney by their side gives injured workers a strong advocate who will protect their rights and fight for their best interests. Attorneys understand the challenges workers face and are dedicated to securing fair and just outcomes for their clients.
In summary, hiring a workers' compensation attorney is a wise decision for injured workers, providing them with the legal expertise, support, and advocacy needed to navigate the complexities of the workers' compensation system and secure the benefits they deserve.
Common Workplace Injuries and How Workers' Compensation Can Help
Workplace injuries can happen in any industry and can range from minor accidents to severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment. At Goebel Law, PLLC, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a workplace injury can have on you and your family.
Our experienced Jupiter workers' compensation lawyers are dedicated to helping injured workers navigate the complex workers' compensation system and ensure they receive the benefits they deserve. Some common workplace injuries that may be covered by workers' compensation include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Occupational illnesses
- Construction site accidents
- Work-related car accidents
Workers' compensation benefits can provide crucial support during your recovery period and help you get back on your feet. These benefits may include:
- Medical benefits to cover the costs of necessary medical treatment, including doctor visits, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation
- Lost wage benefits to compensate for the income you have lost due to your inability to work
- Death benefits to provide financial support to the family of a worker who has tragically lost their life due to a workplace accident
By hiring a workers' compensation attorney from Goebel Law, PLLC, you can maximize your chances of receiving the full benefits you are entitled to. Our dedicated legal team will fight for your rights and ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the claims process.
What Benefits Can a Attorney Help You Get?
Injured workers may be entitled to doctors and specialists who can comprehensively address medical needs. In addition, if you are in need of hospitalization, medications, medical tests, and other support, your employer’s insurance carrier is responsible for providing these.
Lost Wage Benefits
As a result of an injury suffered at work, you may be entitled to all or at least a portion of your lost wages from the time you were out of work due to your injury. The amount of money, frequency of payments, and the length of time you receive payments vary based on your specific case and diagnoses.
A work injury may lead to the death of the injured worker. If the death occurs within one year of the date of the accident or five years from the date that the continuous disability was noted, surviving family members may be entitled to monetary benefits.
We Fight for You
The legislature intended for the system to be “no-fault,” but that does not mean that disputes cannot arise between you, your employer, and the workers’ compensation insurance carrier.
These disagreements often lead to protracted legal battles over how your accident happened, what benefits should be covered, and many other issues. We are here to help you with these situations. Some cases will go to trial, and others will be resolved via agreement with your employer. We will fight for your rights the entire way!
Personalized Approach to Each Case
Free Initial Consultations